Royal York Toronto Hotel - Overview:
When the Royal York opened, it was the biggest building not only in Canada but also in the U.K. Today, though dwarfed in size by neighbouring buildings, the Royal York's rich architecture, ornate furnishings and overall sense of history has solidified this Toronto landmark's status as one of the most luxurious Toronto hotels.
Why You Should Stay at the Royal York Toronto:
- Directly across from Union Station for easy access to local GO Trains and national Via Trains.
- Centrally located in downtown Toronto.
- Connected to underground Toronto pedestrian PATH network of shops (including the Eaton Centre and businesses, especially convenient in winter.
- Architecturally elegant, detailed building and guest suites. Hotel has character and is steeped in history.
Rooms at the Royal York:
- Rooms range from standard (@250 sq ft) to luxury suites (500 to and over 2,000 sq ft).
- Rooms are elegant, Victorian style: thick curtains and valance, quilted bed covers, antique furniture and accessories.
- Some rooms may not have flat-screen TVs; if this is important, ask when reserving.
- Bathrooms tend to be a bit small by today's standards.
- Wireless or cable Internet is available at a cost. However, it is free if you join the Fairmont's complimentary President's Club loyalty program.
- Rooms are equipped with everything a full-service room should be, such as hairdryer, robe, iron, etc.
Royal York Toronto Hotel Location and Contact Information:
Address: 100 Front Street W
See map of Royal York Hotel.
Royal York Toronto Hotel Website
Other Amenities and Features:
- Pool / hot tub
- Fitness facility. Treadmills and stairclimbers with personal TVs.
- Business centre
The Royal York Toronto Hotel Rates:
What's Not Included in the Price?
- Valet parking is a hefty downtown rate.
- Guests may be charged extra for crib or rollaway cot.
- Internet connection, either wireless or cable, is only free in upgraded suites or for loyalty members.
- Breakfast is not standard in but may be offered through special packages.
Dining at the Royal York Toronto Hotel:
- Dining on-site includes Benihana Japanese Steakhouse, EPIC fine dining, Library Bar and more.
- The Royal York is convenient to many of Toronto's best downtown restaurants.
Getting to and from Toronto Airport:
Taxis are approximately $50.00 CDN per way.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodations for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.