Professional Sports TeamsToronto Maple Leafs - National Hockey League (NHL), games played at Air Canada Centre (ACC)
Toronto Blue Jays - Major League Baseball, games played at Rogers Centre
Toronto Raptors - National Basketball Association (NBA), games played at ACC
Toronto Argonauts - Canadian Football League (CFL), games played at Rogers Centre
Toronto Rock - National Lacrosse League (NLL), games played at ACC
Toronto Marlies - American Hockey League (AHL), Farm Team of Toronto Maple Leafs, games played at Ricoh Coliseum
Toronto FC - Major League Soccer (MLS), games played at BMO Field
Toronto Maple Leaf Baseball Team - Inter-County Baseball League (IBL), games played at Dominico Field at Christie Pits Park
Sports VenuesThe two major sporting venues for professional games are the Rogers Centre - home of the Toronto Blue Jays and famous for its retractable roof - and the Air Canada Centre, home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Toronto Raptors. Both stadiums also host major music and entertainment acts.
Museums and Halls of FameThe Hockey Hall of Fame is in downtown Toronto near Union Station. It has lots of interactive exhibits, plaques for each member inducted, replica NHL dressing room, trophy room and more.
- Wayne Gretzky's is a bar, upscale restaurant and outdoor patio, featuring many of number 99's memorabilia. Convenient location in Toronto's entertainment district, near ACC Centre and Roger's Centre.
- The Real Sports Bar & Grill where sport is not a hobby, but a religion. A big, HD screen TV is never out of arm's reach.
- WEGZ is in Vaughn, just outside of Toronto. State-of-the-art audio and visual make this place the next best thing to being at the game.
- Hoops Sprots Bar & Grill has several locations across Toronto and is open 365 days a year.
- Devoted utterly to the game of soccer, the Football Factory has 13 HDTV's and four private booths where you can control what you watch. Food is closer to gastro pub than roadhouse.
Racetracks and Off-track Betting
- Woodbine stages thoroughbred horse races and is also home to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
- Albert's Parlour features 4 tellers and 69 large televisions, full liquor, beer and wine menu, finger foods and snacks.
- Turf Lounge is an elegant spot to watch and wager on horse races in Toronto's financial district.
Major Sporting Events in Toronto
- Honda Indy takes place every July.
- The Rogers Cup is held every August at the Rexall Centre at York University in Toronto. The biggest names in women's tennis play Toronto in odd years and men play in even years. Women and men alternate play between Montreal and Toronto.
- Since 1860, the Queen's Plate thoroughbred horse race has been held in Toronto - currently at Woodbine Racetrack.
Keep Up to Date on Sports in TorontoCanada's national sports channel is TSN (The Sports Network). Check TSN online for sports updates or listen to TSN Radio.
The Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC) also broadcasts many sporting events, including NHL games, which are broadcast live every Saturday during the hockey season.