Cooler Temperatures & Fewer Crowds - Visit Toronto in SeptemberWith temperatures dipping back to much more civilized numbers in the 60s and little humidity, Toronto is a great city to visit in September.
Toronto festival season is not over with one of its biggest - certainly its most prestigious - happening in September. The Toronto International Film Festival takes place annually during the second week of September.
September Weather in Toronto:
- Average September temperature: 15.6ºC / 60ºF
- September average high: 20.6ºC / 69ºF
- September average low: 9ºC / 48ºF
- Visitors can expect rain about 5 out of 30 days in September.
What to Pack for Toronto in September:
Visitors to Toronto in September should be prepared for a variety of temperatures. Pack clothing that can be layered. Pack your t-shirts, but just be sure to have a sweater or jacket on hand.
- Shorts; t-shirts; long sleeve shirts; sweaters / sweatshirts; jacket; long pants; closed-toe shoes, boots.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
Toronto in September Perks:
- Beautiful weather - no longer hot and humid and not yet cold. Many outdoor activities can still be enjoyed comfortably with just a little extra clothing.
- Fewer tourists mean travel and hotel deals. See Labour Day travel deals.
Good to Know about Toronto in September:
- The first Monday of September is the Labour Day holiday. Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend.