January Weather in Vancouver
Snowfall is rare in winter, but some Vancouver
winters have seen a lot. but rain is the norm. November & December are Vancouver
's rainiest months, but January continues to be very rainy.
- Average January temperature: 3ºC / 37ºF
- January average high: 5ºC / 41ºF
- January average low: -1ºC / 29ºF
Be prepared for rain on any given day in Vancouver in January; but don't let the rain discourage you - there's plenty to do in Vancouver on a rainy day.
What to Pack for Vancouver in January:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, light jackets, heavier jacket
- Hat, scarf, mits or gloves
- Closed-toe shoes; boots
- Gloves, hat
Vancouver in January Perks:
Vancouver in January Cons:
Good to Know about Vancouver in January:
- January 1st is New Year's Day and a statutory holiday across Canada where pretty much everything is closed.
Vancouver in January Highlights: