February Weather in VancouverThe weather in February starts to warm up - and is especially mild compared to the rest of Canada. You may even see some early blossoms. February continues to have a fair amount of precipitation, so be sure to dress for the weather.
- February average high: 7ºC / 45ºF
- February average low: 1ºC / 34ºF
Be prepared for rain on any given day in Vancouver in February; but don't let the rain discourage you - there's plenty to do in Vancouver on a rainy day.
Stuff to Pack:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, light jackets, heavier jacket
- Hat, scarf, mitts or gloves
- Closed-toe shoes; waterproof boots or other footwear
What's Going On?
- Ski season at Whistler / Blackcomb is underway
- Despite February rain, there's plenty of things to do in Vancouver on a rainy day.
- University students fill up ski resorts during the university / college "Reading Week."
- Tourism Vancouver's Dine Out Vancouver™ Presented by Visa, end of January / February: Participating restaurants will offer special three course dinner menus to allow visitors to sample the best of local cuisine at an exceptional value.
- PuSh International Performing Arts Festival: Each January / February, the Festival showcases contemporary work that is visionary, genre-bending, and original.
- Do something for Valentine's Day
- Hot Chocolate Festival
- Ice Skate at Robson Square
- The second Monday of February is Family Day in BC
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden offers a host of Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Chinese New Year parade, Held on the first Sunday of the Chinese Lunar New Year in Vancouver's Chinatown.
- Talking Stick Festival, celebration of Aboriginal performance and art.
- Chutzpah Festival, International showcase of Jewish performing arts.