September Weather in Vancouver is mild and comfortable.:
Allan Fotheringham once called Vancouver the Canadian city with the best climate and the worst weather. September has the potential to show visitors great Vancouver weather -- mild and clear; however, dull and grey is another possibility.
- Average September temperature: 14.4ºC / 58ºF
- September average high: 18.3ºC / 65ºF
- September average low: 10ºC / 50ºF
- September is not so rainy in a city famous for its rain. Expect rain about 7 - 9 days out of 30 in September.
What to Pack for Vancouver in September:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; lighter clothing; closed-toe shoes.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen (be optimistic)
- Sweaters, jacket -- evenings by water can be cooler than you think.
Vancouver in September Perks:
- Summer-like weather often stretches through September.
Vancouver in September Cons:
- Fewer tourists mean travel bargains through airlines and hotels.
Good to Know about Vancouver in September:
- The first Monday of September is the Labour Day holiday. Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds.
Vancouver in September - Cultural Highlights:
- Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival, May/June - end of Sept: Enjoy Shakespeare against a natural backdrop of sea, sky and mountains.
- Vancouver Fringe Festival, new and innovative theater.
- Vancouver International Film Festival, September - October
- The Word on the Street Festival: An exceptional array of current and back-listed books and magazines to browse or buy.
Vancouver in September - Highlights for Kids:
- Stanley Park has much to offer kids, from kiddie driving lessons to a farmyard to a free waterpark.