October Weather in Vancouver Varies from Crisp and Sunny to Cool, Damp and Grey:
Allan Fotheringham once called Vancouver
the Canadian city with the best climate and the worst weather. October, much like September, has the potential to show visitors great Vancouver
weather - mild and clear; however, dull and grey is another possibility.
- Average October temperature: 10ºC / 50ºF
- October average high: 14ºC / 57ºF
- October average low: 6ºC / 43ºF
- It rains about half the days in the month of October.
What to Pack for Vancouver in October:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, light jackets, heavier jacket; closed-toe shoes; boots if heading out of the city.
- Sunhat, sunglasses (be optimistic), warm hat
Vancouver in October Perks:
- Fall foliage.
- Fewer tourists mean travel bargains through airlines and hotels.
Good to Know about Vancouver in October:
- The second Monday of October is Thanksgiving in Canada. Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend.
Vancouver in October Highlights: