March Weather in Toronto
March weather in Toronto is generally warming up, but still unpredictable. Will it be t-shirt weather and early spring buds or a late-season snow storm?
- March average high: 3ºC / 37ºF
- Highest ever in March: 27ºC / 81ºF
- March average low: -5ºC / 23ºF
- Lowest ever in March: -27ºC / -17ºF
More about Toronto's weather
What to Pack for Toronto in March:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, winter jacket
- Lighter jacket, like a trench coat, fleece or windbreaker
- Hat and gloves
- Closed-toe shoes; water-proof boots
Toronto in March Perks:
- March is low season for visitors to Toronto (except for during school March Break), so lots of hotels offer great deals and good theater tickets may be more plentiful. See Toronto Theater Listings.
- Enjoy spring ski deals.
Toronto in March Cons:
- Unpredictable weather - neither wet and cold nor hot and sunny would be unusual.
Good to Know about Toronto in March:
- Public schools have their winter break (also called March Break) during one of the weeks in March - the week varies by province - so if you are planning a trip in March, be prepared for busier than usual hotels and attractions.
Toronto in March - Getting out of the Cold:
Toronto in March - Getting out of the City:
- Day trips out of Toronto - within 2 hours of Toronto, there are plenty of interesting, historic towns to visit or major tourist attractions, like Niagara Falls.
Toronto in March Highlights: