February Weather in Toronto
February weather in Toronto is cold - colder than New York City but not quite as cold as Montreal. The weather is probably comparable to that of Chicago.
- February average: -5ºC / 23ºF
- February average high: -1ºC / 30ºF
- February average low: -10ºC / 14ºF
Don't underestimate how cold it can get in Toronto. Non-freezing days are possible, but people - especially kids - who are ill prepared for wet, cold, snowy conditions will be miserable. Read up on how to dress warm in winter
What to Pack for Toronto in February:
- Warm, waterproof clothing; sweaters, hoodies, heavy jacket
- Hat, scarf, mits or gloves
- Closed-toe shoes; warm water-proof boots
Toronto in February Perks:
- February is low season for visitors to Toronto, so lots of hotels offer great deals and good theater tickets may be more plentiful. See Toronto Theater Listings.
- If you like winter activities (snow shoeing, skating, skiing, etc), February may be just your month.
Toronto in February Cons:
Good to Know about Toronto in February:
- The third Monday of February is a public (or, statutory) holiday called Family Day.
Toronto in February - Getting out of the Cold:
Toronto in February - Getting out of the City:
- Day trips out of Toronto - within 2 hours of Toronto, there are plenty of interesting, historic towns to visit or major tourist attractions, like Niagara Falls.
Toronto in February Highlights: