Experience the Holiday Season in Toronto in December:The city is abuzz with a festive feel in December. Visitors can get some holiday shopping done if they visit before Christmas and soak up some Canadian holiday cheer.
December Weather in Toronto:Toronto has cold, snowy winters. The sub-zero temperatures feel colder because of the wind chill factor. Nevertheless, if you're prepared, you can actually enjoy the Canadian winter.
- Average December temperature: -1ºC / 30ºF
- December average high: 2ºC / 36ºF
- December average low: -4ºC / 25ºF
What to Pack for Toronto in December:Toronto has cold, snowy winters. The sub-zero temperatures feel colder because of the wind chill factor. But, temperatures are not necessarily unpleasant if you're prepared.
Visitors to Toronto in December should pack for a variety of temperatures. Warm spells have been known to happen. Pack clothing that can be layered.
- Long sleeve shirts; sweaters/sweatshirts
- Heavy winter jacket, lighter jacket or vest
- Hat, scarf, mittens/gloves
- Closed-toe, comfortable waterproof shoes and boots.
Toronto in December Perks:
- Holiday festivities are in full swing and include light festivals and Christmas displays.
Good to Know about Toronto in December:
- December 25th is a statutory holiday where pretty much everything is closed.
- December 26 is also a statutory holiday in Toronto and all of Ontario for most people except those in the retail industry. December 26, or Boxing Day, is the day when stores offer the biggest sales of the year. See more about the best places to shop in Toronto.
Toronto in December - Event and Festival Highlights:
- Harbourfront Centre always offers special artistic and cultural events.
- The Distillery Historic District has tours and other special events.
- Cavalcade of Lights: One of Canada's foremost festivals of light.