Festival Season Heats up Montreal in July
- Average July temperature: 21ºC / 68ºF
- July average high: 24ºC / 80ºF
- July average low: 16ºC / 60ºF
Visitors can expect rain about 10 days out of 31 in July.
What to Pack for Montreal in July:
- Shorts; t-shirts; light-colored, long sleeve shirts; light, long pants; sandals; closed-toe shoes.
- Bug spray if you're heading out of the city.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- You may not use them, but it can't hurt to bring a light jacket or shawl.
Montreal in July Perks:
- Montreal is truly a city of festivals in the summertime. This city knows how to celebrate the season and does it often.
- Summertime is patio season - a nice way to wile away the day or evening.
Montreal in July Cons:
- Temperatures in the 80s and sometimes 90s and high humidity may be a turnoff to some.
- Summer means higher travel prices, fuller than usual hotels and restaurants and possibly longer lineups at Montreal's tourist attractions.
Good to Know about Montreal in July:
- July 1st is Canada Day - a national public holiday. Banks and most stores will be closed.
- Montreal temperatures can get into the 90s and it is humid. Be sure to keep water bottles with you, especially important for older travelers and children.
Montreal in July - Events & Highlights: