With Summer in Full Swing, Montreal in August Heats up With Festivals & Events
Summer in Montreal is something everyone should experience. Despite the heat and humidity, there's so much to do and no shortage of watering holes to stop into and cool off.
August Weather in Montreal:
- Average August temperature: 21°C / 68°F
- August average high: 28°C / 83°F
- August average low: 16°C / 60°F
Visitors can expect rain about 9 days out of 31 in August.
What to Pack for Montreal in August
- Shorts; t-shirts; light-colored, long sleeve shirts; light, long pants; sandals; closed-toe shoes.
- Bug spray if you're heading out of the city.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- You may not use them, but it can't hurt to bring a light jacket or shawl.
Montreal in August Perks:
- Montreal is truly a city of festivals in the summertime. This city knows how to celebrate the season and does it often.
- Summertime is patio season - a nice way to wile away the day or evening.
Montreal in August Cons:
- Temperatures in the 80s and 90s and high humidity may be a turnoff to some.
- Summer means higher travel prices, fuller than usual hotels and restaurants and possibly longer lineups at Montreal's tourist attractions.
Good to Know about Montreal in August:
- Montreal temperatures can get into the 90s and it is humid. Be sure to keep water bottles with you, especially important for older travellers and children.
Montreal in August - Sporting Events & Highlights:
Montreal in August - Cultural Events & Highlights:
Montreal in August - Musical Events & Highlights: