Canada in February
The weather is cold but if you're prepared and have packed appropriately, you can enjoy the many winter activities and festivals that take place during the Canadian winter. But do not underestimate how cold it gets - if you don't have the proper outerwear, including warm, waterproof boots, get them.
Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal February Weather & Event Guides:
Know where in Canada you're going? Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
Average February Temperatures (Low / High):
- Vancouver, BC: 34 / 46ºFahrenheit (1 / 8ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 3 / 25ºF, (-16 / -4ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: -18 / -2ºF, (-28 / -19ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: -20 / -6ºF, (-29 / -21ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: -4 / 16ºF, (-20 / -9ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 9 / 25ºF, (-13 / -4ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 14 / 30ºF, (-10 / -1ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 9 / 27ºF, (-13 / -3ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 14 / 30ºF, (-10 / -1ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 18 / 32ºF, (-8 / 0ºC)
Travel bargains, lower than usual airfares and hotel prices.
Ski season is well under way with lots of post-Christmas & New Year's specials. See The Best Places to Ski in Canada.
Good to Know:
is a public holiday in February introduced in 2008. Not every province observes this holiday.
Useful Links for Visitors to BC
Useful Links for Visitors to Alberta
Useful Links for Visitors to Saskatchewan
Useful Links for Visitors to Manitoba
Useful Links for Visitors to Ontario
Useful Links for Visitors to Quebec
Useful Links for Visitors to the Maritimes
Useful Links for Visitors to Northern Canada