Canada in MarchThe weather is cold but if you're prepared and have packed appropriately, you can enjoy the many winter activities and festivals that take place during the Canadian winter. But do not underestimate how cold it gets - if you don't have the proper outerwear, including warm, waterproof boots, get them.
Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal Weather & Event Guides:
Know where in Canada you're going? Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
- Travel bargains, lower than usual airfares and hotel prices.
- Ski season is well under way with lots of post-Christmas & New Year's specials. See The Best Places to Ski in Canada.
Average Temperature, Low / High:
- Vancouver, BC: 41 / 55ºFahrenheit (5 / 13ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 19 / 34ºF, (-7 / 1ºC) still possibility of snow
- Yellowknife, NWT: -11 / 10ºF, (-24 / -12ºC)
- Iqaluit, NU: -17 / 0ºF, (-27 / -18ºC) one of the coldest, snowiest months
- Winnipeg, MB: 12 / 30ºF, (-11 / -1ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 21 / 36ºF, (-6 / 2ºC) mix of rain / snow, but warming up
- Toronto, ON: 25 / 39ºF, (-4 / 4ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 21 / 36ºF, (-6 / 2ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 23 / 37ºF, (-5 / 3ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 23 / 34ºF, (-5 / 1ºC)
Good to Know:
March Break for public schools in Canada means hotels and tourist spots geared toward families and kids are busier than usual.
Easter if it falls early can fall at the end of March.
Useful Links for Visitors to BC:
Useful Links for Visitors to Alberta:
Useful Links for Visitors to Saskatchewan:
- Tourism Saskatchewan
- Tourism website for Northern Saskatchewan, which features 100,000 lakes, plus six provincial parks and one national park.
- Saskatoon's official tourism website
- Regina's official tourism website
Useful Links for Visitors to Manitoba:
Useful Links for Visitors to Ontario
Useful Links for Visitors to Quebec
Useful Links for Visitors to the Maritimes
- Prince Edward Island's tourism
- Nova Scotia's tourism
- New Brunswick's tourism
- Newfoundland & Labrador's tourism
Useful Links for Visitors to Northern Canada