Canada in MarchThe weather is cold but if you're prepared and have packed appropriately, you can enjoy the many winter activities and festivals that take place during the Canadian winter. But do not underestimate how cold it gets - if you don't have the proper outerwear, including warm, waterproof boots, get them.
Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal Weather & Event Guides:
- Travel bargains, lower than usual airfares and hotel prices.
- Ski season is well under way with lots of post-Christmas & New Year's specials. See The Best Places to Ski in Canada.
Average Temperature, Low / High:
- Vancouver, BC: 41 / 55ºFahrenheit (5 / 13ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 19 / 34ºF, (-7 / 1ºC) still possibility of snow
- Yellowknife, NWT: -11 / 10ºF, (-24 / -12ºC)
- Iqaluit, NU: -17 / 0ºF, (-27 / -18ºC) one of the coldest, snowiest months
- Winnipeg, MB: 12 / 30ºF, (-11 / -1ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 21 / 36ºF, (-6 / 2ºC) mix of rain / snow, but warming up
- Toronto, ON: 25 / 39ºF, (-4 / 4ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 21 / 36ºF, (-6 / 2ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 23 / 37ºF, (-5 / 3ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 23 / 34ºF, (-5 / 1ºC)
Good to Know:
Easter if it falls early can fall at the end of March.