Chinese New Year 2012 Date:
What is the 2013 Animal Sign?2012 will ring in the Year of the Snake.
Chinese New Year Celebrations in Canada:
Across Canada, every January / February - although the date changes year to year - we celebrate Chinese New Year with parades (see parade photos), performances and food.
Cities in Canada will often have a Chinese community or cultural centre; check these for related events. You may also try tourism websites for events.
Chinese New Year, Vancouver, British Columbia:
Chinese New Year, Calgary, Alberta:
- The Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre offers a 3-day celebration of Chinese New Year that culminates in a gala evening that includes the Dragon and Lions Dance.
Chinese New Year, Ottawa, Ontario:
- Check local Chinese community centers for events.
Chinese New Year, Toronto, Ontario:
- The Shen Yun Performing Arts: 2013 World Tour has shows in Toronto in January at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- Taste of the World Neighbourhood Bicycle Tours & Walks specializes in food and historical tours, especially in Chinatown and ethnic areas of Toronto. Guide Shirley Lum has special Chinese New Year events planned (these sell out quickly).
- Check the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto website for more Chinese New Year events in Toronto