This year, Family Day falls on Monday, February 18, 2013.
Here is a list of some of the places that are open on Family Day in Toronto.
Open on Family Day
- Federal government offices, including Passport offices and most post offices.
- Meal and drop-in centres
- Shopping malls: Eaton Centre, Vaughn Mills, Pacific Mall, Woodbine Centre are all open
- Some supermarkets and convenience stores - call ahead
- Most restaurants - call ahead to be sure
- Most tourist attractions and museums, including Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, CN Tower, Ontario Science Centre, Hockey Hall of Fame, and Casa Loma.
- Some ice rinks and arenas.
- TTC operates on holiday schedule, but note that public transportation varies by city. For example, public transportation in Kingston does not run at all on Family Day.
Closed on Family Day
- Public libraries
- Shopping malls not designated as tourist attractions
- LCBO (liquor stores) and Beer Stores
- Post offices located in closed retail outlets.
- Most grocery stores and pharmacies, including Shoppers Drug Mart (call to be sure)
- Toronto Stock Exchange