1. Spectacular Canadian Cities
Canada is an affordable vacation choice. Historically the Cdn$ is worth less than the US$, thus prices in Canada generally seem reasonable to travelers. The 2005 Mercer Worldwide Cost of Living Survey ranked Canadian cities among the most affordable. Toronto, even as the most expensive Canadian city, sits at number 82 out of the 100 most expensive cities, and Ottawa stands out as the most affordable city in North America.
4. Canada's Amazing Array of Outdoor ActivitiesOne of the best reasons to visit Canada is to take advantage of the fabulous outdoors -- and there's a lot of it! We're happy to share our trails, mountains and lakes with visitors. Some of the most popular outdoor activities in Canada are:
5. Events & Festivals in CanadaCanadians know how to put on a party. Just check out any one of these popular Canadian events and festivals to find out how hospitable a group we really are:
- Celebration of Light, Vancouver (Largest fireworks competition in the world)
- The Calgary Stampede
- Edmonton Folk Music Festival
- The Toronto International Film Festival
- Canadian Tulip Festival, Ottawa
- Quebec Winter Carnival, Quebec City
- Celtic Colours International Festival, Nova Scotia
Lots of Canadians head for warmer climates in the winter, but while they're leaving the country, skiiers and other winter enthusiasts from around the world are pouring in. Canada is a famous "northern" destination, yet it's not all igloos and snowcaps. Spring, summer and fall have their own charms and add to Canada's appeal.
Of course, because Canada is so large, the climate varies greatly, allowing for a wide range of activities year-round. More on Canada's Weather
French culture remains a prominent part of Canada, mostly in Quebec, but also in Ontario and the Maritime provinces. Canada is officially bilingual, although it's certainly not necessary for tourists to speak French.
Settled by the French in the 1600s, Quebec, is where visitors can visit Montreal and the provincial capital, Quebec City. Quebec remains very European in feel. Its rich history and distinct heritage make it a unique tourist destination.
8. Canada: Fun for the Whole FamilyCanada's laid-back attitude and huge variety of fun outdoor activities and events make it a fantastic travel destination for families travelling with children. From hiking or skiing / snowboarding to visiting Quebec Winter Carnival or the The Calgary Stampede, a Canadian vacation with kids is good fun for the whole family.
9. DiversityDiverse cultures, climates and landscape make Canada a destination to suit any interest.
Canada is a country of immigrants and has a policy of encouraging diversity. Thus, urban hubs feature a range of ethnic neigbourhoods, restaurants, and shops.
In addition to rich and varied urban centres, Canada’s natural environment is one of the most beautiful in the world. From pristine coastlines to rugged mountains and sparkling lakes, Canada’s geography inspires awe coast to coast.