Enjoy Canada in OctoberOctober is a great time to visit Canada. The weather is cool but comfortable and the fall foliage is spectacular. Most outdoor activities can still be enjoyed.
Average October Temperature (Low / High):
- Vancouver, BC: 43 / 57ºFahrenheit (6 / 14ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 30 / 52ºF, (-1 / 11ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: 27 / 34ºF, (-3 / 1ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: 30 / 36ºF, (-1 / 2ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: 32 / 52ºF, (0 / 11ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 37 / 55ºF, (3 / 13ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 39 / 57ºF, (4 / 14ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 39 / 55ºF, (4 / 13ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 39 / 55ºF, (4 / 13ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 37 / 52ºF, (3 / 11ºC)
October in Major Canadian Cities:
Know where in Canada you're going? Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
- Fall in Canada is a beautiful time of year, with the changing colours of the leaves and comfortable temperatures. See 10 of the best spots in Canada to enjoy the fall foliage.
Good to Know:
- Average temperatures in Canadian provinces vary widely. Be sure to check the weather by Canadian city and province.
- Find out about Canadian money, where to exchange currency, using ATMs, typical prices in Canada, and more.
- The second Monday of October is Thanksgiving. Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend.
October In Canada Highlights / Events - Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal:
October in Canada Highlights / Events:
- Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival, Various locations, Alberta
- The Stratford Festival (Theatre), May - October: Stratford, Ontario
- The Shaw Festival (Theatre), April - November: Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Celtic Colours International Festival, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
- Ottawa Food & Wine Show, October - November, Ottawa, Ontario