Enjoy Canada in August:
The complete gamut of summer festivals is in full swing and the days are warm and long.
August in Major Canadian Cities:
Average August Temperature (Low / High):
- Vancouver, BC: 55 / 72ºFahrenheit (13 / 22ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 46 / 72ºF, (8 / 22ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: 50 / 64ºF, (10 / 18ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: 43 / 54ºF, (6 / 12ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: 54 / 77ºF, (12 / 25ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 54 / 77ºF, (14 / 25ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 55 / 79ºF, (13 / 26ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 54 / 77ºF, (14 / 25ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 55 / 73ºF, (13 / 23ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 51 / 68ºF, (11 / 20ºC)
- Warm summer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Canada's great outdoor offerings, such as camping and fishing.
- Some of the most popular Canadian festivals and events are under way.
- Take advantage of the warmer weather and longer days in Canada's northern territories: the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
- Summertime is popular for tourists; expect higher travel prices and more travellers.
- Canada isn't always cold! August can see temperatures is the 30s Celsius (86+ Fahrenheit) and some destinations, including Toronto are extremely humid.
Good to Know:
- Average temperatures in Canadian provinces vary widely - from hot, humid weather to rainy to cool. Be sure to check the weather by Canadian city and province.
- Find out about Canadian money, where to exchange currency, using ATMs, typical prices in Canada, and more.
- The first Monday of August is a civic holiday in most Canadian provinces. The August long weekend means banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend and use caution on the highways.
August In Canada Highlights / Events - Vancouver, Toronto & Vancouver:
August in Canada Highlights / Events:
- The Stratford Festival (Theatre), May - October: Stratford, Ontario
- The Shaw Festival (Theatre), April - November: Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Canada's National Ukrainian Festival, early August: Dauphin, Manitoba
- Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, July to August: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Folkorama: Winnipeg
- Banff Summer Arts Festival, May through August: Banff, Alberta
- Afrikadey!: Calgary, Alberta