August Weather in Vancouver is warm and comfortable and rarely scorching:
August is warm, comfortable and rarely scorching.
- Average August temperature: 17°C / 63°F
- August average high: 23°C / 74°F
- August average low: 12°C / 54°F
- Evenings, especially in the surrounding mountains, can be cool, so it's best to pack a light jacket and sweater. Visitors can expect rain about 11 days out of 31 in August.
What to Pack for Vancouver in August:
- Shorts; t-shirts; light-colored, long sleeve shirts; light, long pants; sandals; closed-toe shoes; rainwear.
- Bug spray if you're heading out of the city.
- Sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Evenings, especially in the surrounding mountains, can be cool, so it's best to pack a light jacket and sweater.
Vancouver in August Perks:
- Festivals galore and lots of waterfront activities to enjoy.
- Summertime means the full throng of summer visitors has arrived; something is always going on in Vancouver in summer.
- Summertime is patio season - a nice way to wile away the day or evening.
Vancouver in August Cons:
- High season means higher travel prices, fuller than usual hotels and restaurants and possibly longer lineups at Vancouver's tourist attractions.
Good to Know about Vancouver in August:
- The first Monday of August is a public holiday in BC (and most Canadian provinces). Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend.
Vancouver in August - Cultural Highlights:
Vancouver in August - Music Highlights:
- Festival Vancouver: A summer music festival featuring national and international artists performing orchestral, choral, world and chamber music, jazz and opera in more than 50 concerts. Various venues.
Vancouver in August - Highlights for Kids:
The Fair - Pacific National Exhibition, August - September:
A variety of concerts, folk and country music, agricultural exhibitions and an amusement park highlight this family fair. Pacific National Exhibition Grounds at Hastings Park.
Kerrisdale Days, August: Celebrate Kerrisdale Days with activities for the whole family including clowns, mimes, magicians, singers and bands. Noon-4pm in the Kerrisdale business area.